Friday, December 19, 2008

Tried CGI::Application?

I recently began a project for a client to manage their inventory of construction heavy equipment. The application will provide users the ability to catalog equipment maintenance records and move equipment between various construction sites.

I lieu of a Java/Struts or .NET based application I decided to implement the solution using my favorite development language -- Perl.

I decided upon Mark Stosberg's excellent CGI::Application framework and have been very pleased with it's extensibility, flexibility, and ease of use.

If you haven't tried it out for one of your projects give it a try. I am including a couple of links to tutorials that will give you a nice introduction.

CPAN CGI::Application
CGI::Application Site
CGI::Application: A Simple, Extensible Web Framework

No comments: